At Indian Hills Christian Church we believe that every member is a missionary. While all of us will not all be called to go overseas, we all are called to carry the message of Christ into every area of our personal lives. We are missionaries to our families, neighbors, co-workers, classmates, ect. Outreach represents our congregational effort to be missionaries to local community.
Current Areas of Involvement
- Celebrate Recovery: This Christ based recovery ministry provides help for any hurt, habit, or hang up that may be robbing you of freedom and joy. Tom Crawford leads this ministry.
- Jail Ministry-Library service, Bible distrobution and visition of inmates at the Boyle County Detention Center. Every Monday, 11 am – 3 pm. Contact Bob Battey for more information.
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)–Ministry to mothers of pre-schoolers that meets on the second Thursday of each month. Cara McAfee lead the MOPS ministry.
- iMoms: This ministry is provided for mothers who’s children have aged out of the MOPS ministry but want to continue meeting with other mothers who desire to be intentional about raising their children for Christ. Contact Julane Hamon for information about iMoms.
- BSF: A weekly Bible study for women who want to go deep into God’s word. Contact Marketa Perry for information about BSF.
- Backpack Program-Weekend feeding program for children in the Danville Independent School System. Contact Lucinda Mingey for more information.
- Community Health-Provides bi-annual health screenings for the community. Contact Audrey Powell for more information.
- Social Media-Develops and maintains the church’s presence through various online resources and social media.
- Public Schools-We are involved in serving the staff, teachers, and students of Toliver Elementary School by providing food, classroom readers, and most importantly, praying for the school. Contact Shari if you are interested in participating in this ministry.